Saturday, May 2, 2015

Parsley and Walnut Pesto

Earlier this week I wrote about how hard I find it to use up those little packs of herbs when I buy them. I usually purchse them for one specific recipe and somehow forget to use the rest. One solution is to make herbs into a salad with goat's cheese.

Well, I realised something obvious. Another solution would be to use up the whole pack the first time I open it. I could use that parsley spring on the one specific recipe and at the same time, whizz up some parsley pesto.

Making pesto is as easy as throwing items into a food processor. It tastes incredible over meat, fish, (veggie) pasta, and as a dip for veggies. It's like spring in a jar!


Parsley and Walnut Pesto
makes about 1 cup (250 ml)

50 g parsley leaves and stems
1/2 c (50 g) walnuts
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic, minced

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree well.
Store in a jar for up to week.

In a further effort to use up my parsley on time, I found a few other ways to enjoy it.

What's your good idea for cooking with parsley?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails